Travels

Sunday, December 11, 2011

By the window

Do you ever just sit there staring out the window thinking about some other place you'd much rather be? Well I've been doing that a lot lately it seems. Don't get me wrong, being in Nebraska has some good things about it (hello gorgeous sunsets), but I do miss seeing mountains daily and smelling salt and earth in the air. I miss being surrounded by the lushness of nature that can be found in the Pacific Northwest. My heart longs to be on a voyage of some sort, thoughts of worldly explorations constantly cross my mind . . . walking from Kathmandu to the base camp of Mt. Everest, sipping on an espresso in Paris, standing atop Machu Picchu, fishing in Norway, and so so many others. In any case I think that I ought to invest in a sketch book to record these longings, but in the mean time here are some of the photos that capture what has been on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment