Travels

Friday, March 11, 2011

Yoga thoughts

Again it has been awhile since I've updated my blog, though I'm not 100% sure anyone is reading it and thus there's no one to be updating! Anyways, I was thinking about yoga this morning while munching on my oatmeal and thought I'd share my ponderings. I was first introduced to yoga when working on a farm in Oregon, where every week a group of us practiced Kundalini yoga. Kundalini yoga practice is meant to be a practice that allows one to tap into their inner energy (chakras) to become more aware. Kundalini yoga doesn't seem to be as widely popular as other practices, such as Hatha or Vinyasa yoga, but I enjoy it. Practicing Kundalini has honestly helped me at times to find my center and to calm all those worrisome thoughts. That being said, when I first attempted yoga and sat through my first few lessons I didn't 'get' it. I was approaching the class as if I was in a gym working out. Which in some cases that's what yoga is, but in the past year or so I've realized it's so much more then a good way to tone and stretch. I've begun to fully realize the impacts yoga has on my inner self, and I have to say that I can't get enough of the amazing feeling it gives me! Now for the past few months I have been going to a yoga studio every weekend and can feel my streches becoming deeper, my breathe steadier, and my mind focusing on the positive. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that . . . I love yoga. Plain and simple. :)

2 comments: