Travels

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Year

It might be a cliche to see the beginning of a new year as the starting point of doing something, but what the heck. For no profound reason I've decided to start blogging this year. Why now? I could give you a list of all the changes that are bound to occur this year (graduating from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, accepting an internship on a small organic farm, moving across the country, and so on), but those things are yet to even happen. I think deep down the decision to start a blog has something to do with the few blogs that I follow. I've been reading a few blogs for awhile now and am often inspired by what I've read and the photos I've seen. So there it is, I'm taking a chance and imitating what inspires me, and sharing a few stories from my life along the way.

Ok, so why 'Tilth'? Again, there's no real profound reason behind this word. I like the way it sounds and the imagery it conjures up. Tilth is cultivated land that makes the soil suitable for crop growth, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary. But tilth to me also means of the earth and growth, and in turn life.

So there you have it, the beginning of this blog, of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment