Travels

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snowy Day 1

Lucky you (whoever 'you' are)! Two posts in one day! It's still snowing outside so I've been stuck in my humble abode by myself today. To pass the time I've been watching old episodes of The Office and catching up on my favorite blogs, as well as discovering a few new ones. My new favorite is Design Sponge. Thanks to this blog I now have an even longer list of crafty things I want to do . . . I'm really loving the chalk globe, and will have to remember this/acquire a globe.

Speaking of globes/maps, here's another one that Free People posted on their blog that I absolutely love. I think I may have to make a map like this for my future road trips (ahem, this summer . . .).

I actually have a map of the US that came from a set of vintage National Geographic maps (circa the 1970s) that I found in a thrift store in Carbondale, CO this summer. It's a pretty cool set of maps, and I was ecstatic to have found it. I've hung up the map of the entire US (the set has a map of each state as well) and marked where I've traveled to on it. It's a constant reminder that I need to travel more!

(Sorry about the poor quality of the photo, my hall doesn't have the best of lighting and the flash makes it look weird.)

No comments:

Post a Comment