Travels

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Seeds

Yesterday (Monday) I was having kind of a lousy day, mainly due to being splashed/drenched head to toe by a passing car that hit a puddle of snow slush. So as I ambled up my stairs weary from the long day, my mood was instantly peaked when I noticed a brown box at my door. Not expecting any sort of mail (besides junk mail) I was ecstatic when I saw that the box had come from Seed Savers Exchange! I had written to them awhile back about possibly donating seeds to the school gardens I help out with. They ended up being able to donate to our gardens, and gave us 82 seed packets! Now I have thoughts of garden designs, compost, seedlings, veggies, and summer filling my mind. I am very excited to start planting, but am saddened at the same time because I won't be able to see the plants grow and be harvested. Anyways, photos of the precious seeds are bound to appear on my humble blog in the spring. And just to ease my thoughts of vegetable gardens, here's a photo from Sustainable Settings (near Carbondale, CO) that I spent a few weeks at this past summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment